Beanbag is an online streaming service that will stream movies currently playing in cinemas and film festivals around the globe, giving you the freedom to choose whether you watch movies at home, at the cinema, or at film festivals.
Due to your desire for new release movies and film festivals to be accessible at home, along with your need for a one-stop shop for movie streaming, we believe the time is right to launch Beanbag Entertainment.
Our vision is to create a streaming platform that meets the needs of all movie-enthusiasts and to support a unified industry, in which all cinemas, film makers, film festivals and movie studios can remain sustainable. Our service is not designed to discourage attendance at cinemas or film festivals but rather to service an additional market by providing an alternative option distinguishable by convenience and experience.
We also seek to provide a streaming platform for movies once they are no longer available in cinemas and film festivals, removing any waiting period between the initial screening and their availability on other streaming services, DVD, Pay-TV or free-to-air TV.
We hope that you join us on our journey to bring this service to fruition.
Investigating how an online streaming service can integrate successfully with the film industry is a big task. Maintaining the profitability of cinemas, distributors, film makers and movie studios is something we have sought from the outset of our work.
For years, dozens of research articles and books have been written on the effects of movie streaming on the film industry. But nothing has provided us with an estimate of the effect of a service like Beanbag on piracy, cinema attendance and financial outcomes, until now. Through our surveys and interviews, we have been able to confirm your desire for our service, its benefits and how to use our revenue to support cinemas and the film industry. We have been able to estimate:
How many more new release movies will be watched overall
How many people would now have convenient access to new release movies
The prices that customers and illegal downloaders will be willing to pay to legally stream new release movies
The impact Beanbag has on cinema attendance, concessions and advertising incomes
Using our results, we have been able to predict the effects of Beanbag on the industry.
Our model forms the foundation of our business and it is the key to the industry's innovation.
- I have an 65-inch OLED TV. I love my sofa much better than theatre seating. I don't have to leave my dog at home. I forego seeing movies often because I just don't prefer going to the theatre. Something like this would be nice!
- I would love for this service to be available. Perfect for at home date nights!
- I like the idea [of Beanbag] because I don't always like driving to the theatre and having to worry about finding parking. Plus, my kids sometimes get restless in a theater, so it would be more relaxing to watch at home.
- I would watch more current movies with a service like this.
- It could help cut down on piracy. My husband is an artist, so it frustrates me to be aware of people stealing movies, music or art and know there is little I can do about it.
Co-founder and CEO
Co-founder and CTO
By launching Beanbag and sharing our revenue with cinemas and film makers, we can increase the industry's overall revenue and funds can be distributed fairly.
Beanbag seeks to ensure that jobs are retained as the industry moves into online streaming territory, and assist in growing the industry by maximising its market accessibility.
Beanbag believes in environmental sustainability and seeks to provide a portion of profits to film makers as grants to improve environmental sustainability.
Ready to get in on the fun?
Show your support and pre-register for Beanbag